Typical applications for Tratos’ fire resistant cable include public buildings, schools, hospitals, underground and overground railway stations, department stores, cinemas, hotels, theatres and computer centres as well as offshore vessels and hazardous environments such as Oil & Gas platforms.
Whatever your requirements, as the actual manufacturer rather than a distributor, Tratos can supply you with both copper and fibre optic cables of guaranteed performance and quality having:
- Fire integrity
- Resistance to combustion
- Flame retardance
- Low flame propagation and flames spread
- Low toxicity and smoke
- Low acid gas generation
- Combined with Pliability to easy installation
Firesafe Energy Cables
When correctly selected and installed cables supplied by Tratos meet the following Codes of Practice:
- BS 5266-1 Emergency lighting Code of practice for the emergency escape lighting of premises.
- BS 5839-1 Fire detection and fire alarm systems for buildings Code of practice for design, installation, commissioning and maintenance of systems in non-domestic premises.
- BS 7346-7 Components for smoke and heat control systems Code of practice on functional recommendations and calculation methods for smoke and heat control systems for covered car parks.
- BS 8519:2010 Code of practice Selection and installation of fire-resistant power and control cable systems for life safety and fire-fighting applications.
- BS 9999:2008 Fire safety code of practice for the design, management and use of buildings.